Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just bought a kawasaki 900 zxi & I am Clueless.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought a kawasaki 900 zxi & I am Clueless.

Ok I know I am Dumb I bought a 1996 kawasaki 900zxi tonight I take it home and realize well I have the orange key and the Pull Cord key and I turn the Gas on and use the orange key & I get nuthing ..... then I realize I have no clue were that Pull cord key goes.... anyhelp Please I am assuming it wont start with this not in its proper place am I correct.... I just paid $950 for it and it seems to be in pretty good shape anything you can tell me what I need to look for as far as if I got a good deal or ripped also another silly ? on the handlebars there is a button that moves the rear jet what does this function do as my friends Sea doo does not have this? Thanks Guys and sorry for the ?'s

Re: I just bought a kawasaki 900 zxi & I am Clueless.

On the left handlebar switch assembly there is a RED button that has a grey collar; The Y-shaped fork, or lanyard (or as you called it, the Pull Cord key) slides under the grey collar, and lifts it away from the handlebar which enables thes start/run circuits on your Kawasaki.

Please read the information, and watch the videos on this post before you do anything else: http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19182

Please watch this video also: http://www.sbtontheweb.com/video/florida1.wmv
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Re: I just bought a kawasaki 900 zxi & I am Clueless.

place the orange key on the orange button and rotate to right and remove it. then put the lanyard under the red button and push green button. this will start the motor.pull the lanyard out to kill the engine. now again use the orange key and turn left to shut the electric system off other wise your battery will discharge after a while.

Comment

Working...
      X