96 sea doo xp oil block off question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 sea doo xp oil block off question

I'm trying to go premix for my 96 sea doo xp 782cc bombardier. The handout came with the block off kit ( from sbt) talks about removing rotary valve cover. why? the oil pump is located in the flywheel cover. Held by 2 screws. can i just remove the oil pump and the drive shaft for the pump and put the block off plate and leave the oil pump and all the oil lines to the pump and the lines from the pump to the rotary valve intact?

I could disconnect the throttle cable to the pump, remove oil lines to the pump and remove the pump out. But when I removed the throttle cable from the oil pump, the accelerator cable gets a little slack and I don't like that. Is it ok to leave the pump still attached to oil lines and throttle cable?

Need some advice please. What's the best oil to gas ratio for this motor?

Re: 96 sea doo xp oil block off question

http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...ad.php?t=15142

Is this the guide you received? It covers everything. Let me know if what you have is different.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Yes. That's the handout came with the oil pump block off kit. If you read the first page, it talks about removing the rotary valve cover from the engine. I'm confused. Is this handout written for many xp models? I don't see the reason to go that far. Once you remove the oil pump from the flywheel cover, no oil will flow to the rotary valve cover on the 96 sea doo xp 782cc model. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Thanks

Comment

Read it more carefully - it's clearly spelled out, even on the first page.

Comment

I saw what it said at the end of the 1st page. I wasn't quite sure to do all of the instructions or not. Anyway thanks for the quick response.

By the way it's quite clear to me that to blok off the oil pump for 96 sea doo xp, you don't need a block off kit. All you have to do is to remove the oil pump(2 screws) pull the drive shaft to the oil pump out and put the oil pump back in place. Without the oil pump drive shaft, no oil will flow to the rotary valve covers.

Comments are welcome

Comment

You still need to block off the lines, you risk an air leak into the intake.

Comment

дай ка брат тебя обнять

сказать по чести хазарская чепухой http://www.musicforums.ru/klavishnik...ex.php?id=1674 akqWgXPk

Comment

Working...
              X