Yep..another no start..Freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep..another no start..Freedom

Hello all!! Glad I found this board!! I have several skis, most of which don't run. So I'm going to fix them one at a time.

First off is my 02 Freedom. It has a similar problem to those posted previous. It will start when battery is fully charged and run fine for a little while then will shut right off when it gets warm. Will spin over fine, but no spark. Won't even start if it has been sitting in the sun.

Took it to the big Polaris dealer in Nashville and got nothing but a big bill and 2 months without my ski. They have no idea what is wrong with it. They tried to tell me it was the battery, then the start/stop switch. $450 later it still does the same thing. They will not refund my money and Polaris, INC will not help me, they just distance themselves from the dealership, so I decided that I could throw parts at it myself for a lot less.

Anybody had this happen with a Freedom (700 cc)? Anybody found a fix? I will begin experimenting this week and let you know what I find. :emoticont

Re: Yep..another no start..Freedom

It's prob your stator. But try holding down the bildge pump button & starter button at the same time see if you get spark. if you do then its your 505 module. Good luck. Wow thats wild we have the same skis but reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by finadic
      It's prob your stator. But try holding down the bildge pump button & starter button at the same time see if you get spark. if you do then its your 505 module. Good luck. Wow thats wild we have the same skis but reversed.
      That's cool...I love my Ultra, the Polaris..well :emoticonc

I have already tried the bilge trick. No go. The battery voltage problem sounds exactly like what is going on. After a full charge it will start, voltage drops and it cashes out. Could that problem and fix apply to the 700's?

I'm at a loss. About to buy a Sea Poo, yeah they break every day, but at least you can get them fixed :D

Comment

I will bet its your stator cause it plays a roll in charging your battery. Go here & search for stater values to test it http://www.go-polaris.net/. Theres not much to the freedom to go wrong its a pretty simple ski .

Comment

Working...
        X