kehin cdcv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kehin cdcv

I have a 2000 Kawasaki 1100 zxi that I am in the process of replacing the engine in. I sat down to rebuild the carbs this weekend and noticed the outside of the triple units read CDCV, not the CDK-II I was lead to believe from the shop manual. Will the SBT rebuild kits that I bought for a CDK-II work on the CDCV's or do I need to send them back and get new ones? Do you even carry kits for the CDCV's and what is the difference? If not, do you know where I can get them?

Thanks,

Jenga

Re: kehin cdcv

CDCV parts are a dealer only item right now...If you have the latest OEM manual, there should be a late model "supplement" in the back with the CDCV information. None of the kit components interchange between the CDK-II and the CDCV carbs.
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Do they need to be rebuilt? CV carbs almost never go bad. Parts are expensive. Check to see if yours were covered under the FDM from Kawasaki. We did have a recall on that carb for the slides.

Comment

Thanks to all for taking time to respond. DankBud, how do you suggest I go about determining if my ski had the slides replaced. I bought it used so I have no idea? Does Kawa, keep a central data base on that or can you just call the dealer and have them replace them for free? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks again,

Jenga

Comment

yes, Call in with vin # and we can tell you if it had been done. (949)661-4947 Dana Point JetSki

Comment

Called today and got the info. Thanks again for all of your help.

Jenga

:emoticont

Comment

Anytime.... Thats what I'm here for.

Comment

Originally posted by DankBud
                yes, Call in with vin # and we can tell you if it had been done. (949)661-4947 Dana Point JetSki

Did this apply to 1998 Kawasaki 1100 STX models?

Thanks,

jim
                '98 Yamaha GP1200<br />'98 Kawasaki 1100 STX

Comment

Working...
                X