1998 Kaw 1100 ZXI won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Kaw 1100 ZXI won't start

Ski was running great then was having trouble starting end of the day, Next morning took it out and ran great again. Now won't start at all, getting spark and trying to start but won't. Any suggestions on where to start looking for the problem. Its been 6-7 days and still won't start.

Re: 1998 Kaw 1100 ZXI won't start

Whats the compression ?

Comment

Should be stock, to my knowledge there have not been any modifications made.

Comment

What is your compression? It needs to be checked. Start with the basics and then use a process of elemination. If you have spark,fuel and compression and still no start then you must look deeper to locate the problem.
        WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

im not a pro and i might be wrong but if this happened to me, I would give it one dab of ether to see if it fires. Just once wont hurt, but dont run the ski on that stuff. If it works then you might have a problem with fuel, like pressure in the tank or a clogged fuel filter or your check valve might be clogged. Also check the flame arrestor they might be soaked in oil or water or something. My friends ski had a similar problem and when we took off the flame arrestors realized the choke had gotten stuck in the on position and was flooding the motor. Funny thing is that he rarely used choke lol.. I hope i might have helped and not pointed you in the wrong direction.Conrad

Comment

Thanks for all of your input, I will keep this posted with the results I find.

Comment

Took it to the shop, they said it was the stator, Is this a big deal to do myself and how is it done? Also where could I get one and what should it cost. I would rather work on the ski myself so I know the ins and outs of it.

Comment

Dealer order only, $300+. Remove the flywheel cover and replace the stator. A Service Manual needs to be your first purchase.
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

You can also go to the Kawasaki web page and check out the parts diagrams. It always helps me if I can see exactly what I am taking apart be for I do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X