FX140 Has Lost Power Help????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX140 Has Lost Power Help????

My FX140 has all of a sudden lost power, I was riding it on the river and when i locked through a dam i sucked some stuff up my intake, Which would not allow me to go but about 5 Mph. I took the grate off and found a fishing bobber stuck on my impeller, i remove the bobber which helped but now only able to go about 40 MPH. When i got home i took the grate off again and checked everything out, the were no scratches on the impeller wall nor was the impellor damaged. I have not been able to figure out why it has lost power.

Re: FX140 Has Lost Power Help????

has your rpm's gone down too or is it just your speed.

Comment

My guess is there was fishing line hooked to that bobber and is wrapped aroundbehind the impeller.. Just a guess..

Comment

My RPM's are the same it just has lost alot of speed. :emoticonc

Comment

If your rpm's are the same,and speed has dropped,it is definately something pump/impellor related.

Any metal grinding sounds ? Possible stripped pump shaft ?
          Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Everything sounds fine, nothing is different except for the loss of speed.

Comment

Did you measure the impeller clearance when you had it out?
              Leon Phelps and Ashy Larry, a team made in heaven.

Comment

You need to pull your pump and inspect. It is unbeleivable what will cause a subtle or major decrease of power. A single piece of fishing line, weeds, the trailing edge of an impeller, etc. Especially look at the trailing or back of impeller. A slight bend will cause major power loss. You probably removed the line and bobber from the area you could see, but the rest is stuck in the pump area you can not see

Comment

I am not sure how to pull my pump, is somthing easy or an i going to have it in a thousand peices. Any instrunction would be very helpfull. Thanks:emoticont

Comment

buy the Yamaha service manual. Then you will ahve instructions and all of your questions answered. They are relatively cheap.

Comment

When i tried to remove the bolts from the skid plate they stripped out, i have managed to strip out two already and can not get them out any ideas.

Comment

are you using metric sockets?

Comment

Yes i am using meteric sockets, the threds on the bolt or the threds in the hole are stripping out.

Comment

the threads are locktited need to use a small propane torch to heat bolts ,as for the ones already stripped you will have to remove epoxy from around panel nut inside hull & hold with vise grips be sure to find correct nut. good luck, you can do it!

Comment

Working...
                            X