Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Troubleshooter Quiz

Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
    I would rather have a 947 powered 3D and the versality of choosing my riding mode for 10K, than be stuck with a boring VX110 one mode ski for about 8K OTD...
    But hey, that is just me. Your opinion may vary.
    I'd actually agree with that one...

But 10 grand is still ten grand - if people could buy it in $2500 chunks then the argument would make sense - and they would actually be selling them!! :)
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

So true!

Buying a pwc nowadays is expensive. Have you priced a standup lately?

Geeeze............. Don't even consider the new 4 stroke standup from Europe !
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

What are you guys talking about?
        Last I heard the MSRP was 8199?

RE: New standups: Kawi SXR is 6200, Superjet is 6500 (HA!), and HS is 12k.

Comment

OTD prices........ You know, tax, license and regristration fees.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM

Comment

Yeah - for the BASE ski. Each accessory is over $500 EACH! Seat, Shock, Moto seat, knee board, etc. For $8200 you only get a big 'standup'.

Comment

BRP is nuts if they think that will sell in significant numbers at that price.

Comment

I think you can buy the shock and the Kart seat for $600 extra when you buy the ski. The flip out seat in the handlebars is standard equiptment. I don't know about the kneeling piece though.
                Fully equipt, it is about $8800.00 MSRP.......Plus T&L. Most dealers will discount from MSRP at least $500.00-$800.00
                Bill O'Neal <br>
                WCM

Comment

Well, Iv'e got conflicting specs here, and the main site is down right now...but either way it's very expensive.

Comment

See, I don't know who the target customer is here. Over the last few years, we've seen manufacturers go to bigger, faster, more luxurious, and more expensive boats. Target base is middle age, good income families - they are looking for a "family" ski.

Now the 3D is in the same price class, but I can't really see that same audience buy that ski.
                    I might be wrong.

(Actually, I did see a family with a 3D a couple of months ago. Problem was, they wanted their kids to have fun too, so they let their 7 year old ride in cart mode. Needless to say, I got upset and talked to them)

Comment

I doubt SD ever thought the 3D was a mainstream watercraft. I think the target market is the family or indivdual that wants something different.

Family with two or three other pwc's and then buys the 3D as a diversion, something different and more appealing to the younger family members.

The new 3D is kinda like the XPL when the seat is folded down, but has other options too. Might appeal to the younger to middle aged single male.

Kawasaki and Yamaha combined sell between 5000 and 7000 standups in a very good year. If SD can sell 5000 3D's in a year, I think they have reached their target for sales of the 3D.

Some new buyers may get motivated to buy a 3D after seeing a video of what I saw Jimmy Visser do with a 947 powered 3D......
                      Bill O'Neal <br>
                      WCM

Comment

I think it's just a way to get rid of thier remaining stock on 2 stroke engines while they still can :)

Comment

Maybe, But why not just sell another run XPs or RX's then ? They could have saved thousands of dollars in R&D costs.
                          No, I think it has more to do with company/brand image. I think they want to offer something to the younger buyers that don't want to learn standups, but don't like barges either.
                          Bill O'Neal <br>
                          WCM

Comment

Bah! The 3D is a barge. 650lbs...come on.

Anyways, I see your points Bill...but I really don't think Seadoo will sell enough of these. It's been a flop since they first came out, and the bigger engine isn't going to change it (IMHO!).
                            I see them sit at the dealer, month after month. Every time I've talked to Salesmen about them, they desperately try to push them.
                            I've developed the gut feeling that the potential buyers for these units may be hard to find.

Comment

Say you're a 17 18yr old and have had the chance to ride a stand up. Just Mom or Dads barge. Dad has the money, kid wants the craft..... I see it all the time. It's cars, but I can see SD focusing on the same potential!

Glen

Comment

No..I don't think so. Dad is more likely to buy something that not only the son can enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X