Troubleshooter Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Troubleshooter Quiz

Right now, 85% of all PWC's sold are three seaters ( barges). The 3D is not a barge in todays marketplace. Yes, it was considered a barge just a few years ago, but things have steadily gotten bigger since then.
    When I remove the 3D from a trailer, it sure feels lighter than most of the other newer watercraft that we unload around here. Actually it is about the same as an XPL.

To an oldtimer or standup rider, an XPL is a barge.

The 787 powered 3D was completely underpowered for the hull design, just like the 1997 XP. When SD installed the 947 in that hull, they sold a few:)
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

I liked the power of my DI. Let's not talk about reliability. :emotredf

Comment

o.k., I'll go with that. I know I'm still a newbie!!

Glen

Comment

can anyone tell me the original bore of a 951 engine. i have a 947 that needs to be bored. cant find a top end kit for a 947 everyone tells me to use a 951 kit. but the bores dont match. help help help
          Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
          Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by mstrcrftr
            can anyone tell me the original bore of a 951 engine. i have a 947 that needs to be bored. cant find a top end kit for a 947 everyone tells me to use a 951 kit. but the bores dont match. help help help
            A 947 engine is a 951 cc motor. One in the same. Orginal bore size is 88 mm. The OEM pistons will be marked 87.94 or somewhere close to that. A bit undersized for clearance. First over OEM pistons are 88.14 or near that.
            Aftermarket pistons will be stamped .25 or .50 or 1.00 ect.........
            .25mm equals a .010 overbore. .50mm = a .020 overbore. ect.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
            X