1995 Seadoo GTX Electrical box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Seadoo GTX Electrical box

Can someone please tell me how to remove the electrical box on a 1995 Seadoo GTX. I need to replace the solonoid.

Re: 1995 Seadoo GTX Electrical box

Remove the battery. Unsnap the clip the holds the front of the box the the cradle in front. Slide the box forward and maneuver the box up at an angle enough to get it open to access the solenoid.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Re: 1995 Seadoo GTX Electrical box

To make opening and closing of the electrical box easier (and to help avoid breaking the locking tabs) loosen one of the black caps that seal the wiring grommets into the box, and pull the grommet loose, this will allow air into the box making it easier to open, and also allows air out of the box when you close it. Don't forget to reinistall the wiring grommet, and tighten the black cap.

ALSO:
      Pay close attention to the orientation of the big black seal, as you take the box apart. The seal fits loosely over one half of the box (the half without the groove), and then the other half goes over the seal, making the box watertight. If I had a nickel for every one of the gray electrical boxes that have leaked due to this seal being installed wrong (stuffed into the groove of the cover) , I would be able to afford 2 new skis every year! {This also applies to the seal on the OEM Flame Arrestor, as it is of the same design.}
      John Kubiak
      Powersports Technical Training Professional
      Las Vegas, Nevada
      Sea-Doo Tech 13736
      PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
      PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
      NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
      Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X