'97 GTX...fuel pump test??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '97 GTX...fuel pump test??

I recently bought this with 30 hrs on it, so it has sit most of it's life. I had an acceleration problem on take off, so after searching the forums I decided to replace all the fuel lines, fuel selector valve and take the carbs off and replace the little filters. I'm ready to put everything back and was going through the tests in the manual. Pop off pressure is good, the N/S leak test is good, diaphragm leak down good, but the "pump verification" I'm not sure about. I hooked a tube to the inlet and blew, then sucked and I can hear something inside popping when I change from pressure to vacuum, but either way I can still move air. Should it be preventing pressure or vacuum once it switches? Should I be blocking any other port during the test? The diaphragm, check valves, o-rings and gaskets all looked very good when I disassembled to replace the filter, which was very clogged. The ski runs very well, just doesn't take off out of the hole, which I think is explained by the clogged filter, so I'm inclined to think I'm not testing the fuel pump correctly.

Re: '97 GTX...fuel pump test??

Steve,
    You should read your email as I answered this question for you this morning.

But, for the others who may be interested, this is an easy test.

Place the PO pressure tester hose onto the pulse fitting and pump up 4 psi of pressure. Wait 10 seconds and if you stiill have 4 psi, the fuel pump diaphrams and gaskets are good to go.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Re: '97 GTX...fuel pump test??

Cool...it definately passed that test. Thanks so much Bill, and for answering my email.

Comment

Working...
      X