Condensation in VTS Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensation in VTS Gauge

The VTS gauge on my one 96XP is stuck down. Trim works perfectly.

I pulled a working VTS gauge off my other XP ski and tried it in this one and as expected, it worked fine.

The gauge in question has condensation inside and I assume it resulted in the gauge failing or being stuck down. Anyone have an idea if its repairable or should I just start searching for a replacement gauge.

Tom

Re: Condensation in VTS Gauge

I had condensation with my tacho. I basically pulled it out & left it in the sun to dry. After that i sealed it with silicon sealant as best i could and re-installed it. It was working though before i pulled it out. You could try to take the VTS gauge apart, but i haven't ever done something like that before. Try taking it apart and leaving it to dry before re-installing and testing. If that doesn't work you'll prob have to get yourself another one.

Comment

I will give it a shot at letting it dry. Seeing that I am in the Northeast and its been raining here for what feels like a decade, I will plan on catching some sun in about 3 weeks.

Comment

Any form of heat should be ok-how about a hairdryer or small foot heater....just something to get any condensation out.

Comment

Working...
        X