I bought a Tigershark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a Tigershark

I just bought a '94 Tigershark. I have no idea what model it is. The paperwork only describes it as 8' in length. The hull no. is arj05549c494. Does anyone know how I can find out the model?

I have riden it and it seems to run good. It bogged down when I doubled up on it (approx. 550 lbs) though. I have not had a ski sonce early 90s and it was an X2. I have been reading the forum posts and trying to get familiar with the ski from them.

Thank you in advance for any assisstance you can provide.

PS - I am removing all of the old stripping and logos. The foil stickers are a bear to remove. Tried heat, adhesive remover, etc. Any hints on removing them?

Re: I bought a Tigershark

Yes it is a 94' all had 640cc engines in them.

Could be a :

Daytona white top with dark grey bottom with purple seat. Had power trim and a performance red pipe.

About the same as the Daytona without the power trim and the red exhaust pipe.

Two up will be a struggle but should be able to get on plane and go around 40 with two riders.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

This one has red seat, and pipe. It has tilt/trim button. The trim indicator is a slide needle below the steering.

It still has the oil injecter hooked up. Can/should I add a little oil to the gas in case the oil pump goes out?

I have removed all of the old decals except for the "Tigershark" on the sides. I may leave them since they are so difficult to remove.

I need to find new gas and oil caps. The oil cap gauge clear plastic is broken. Also, the black bumper on the bow came loose. It looks like some plasitc buttons used to hold it on white stems. I guess I will look at some parts sites to get the right thing.

Comment

Hi,

Try http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/ for online parts discriptions, pictures & item codes. Then have a quick look around ebay, you'll be suprised how many Tigershark parts are still available (and cheap!)

Cheers
        Always on the hunt for servicable Tigershark 770 Daytona (1996 & 1997) parts. Complete CDI anyone?? '97 I need EVERYTHING motor related... Including the Motor :)

Comment

Get 96' Gaytona gas caps to replace the gauge type ones that it came with. They will crack again and cause water to get into the fuel and oil and cause big problems.

Sounds like a 94' Barracuda if it is about 7-8' long.

Comment

Originally posted by dank
            Get 96' Gaytona gas caps to replace the gauge type ones that it came with. They will crack again and cause water to get into the fuel and oil and cause big problems.

Sounds like a 94' Barracuda if it is about 7-8' long.
            I have a 94 Barracuda and it is actually billed as a single (1) seater.
            You can look at the USCG (Coast Guard) sticker on the right rear side of the craft to verify this.

PS
            Many refer to them as a Stunt Ski - They are squirrelly Creatures...
            But I have a blast on mine

Dennis

Comment

The coast guard sticker says maximum capacity 185 lbs. for rider and equipment. I go 182, so I better not get wet.

Thanks for all of the help on this. I really don't know much about this brand of ski. I paid $700 for it and a Hustler trailer. I have seen some other posts on here that indicate this might not be a good deal.

I will get the recommended '96 caps. I don't want water in the system. If I keep the ski in a heated garage and it only sits inactive for a couple months, does it need to be winterized? I have a trickle charger for it, and I can wheel it out and back flush it every couple weeks if needed.

Comment

At least fog the cylinders after running it with stabilized fuel with a flush kit for 3-5min. Only cost a couple bucks and may save hundreds.

Comment

Does this look like a Barracuda?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sure is. Get rid of those crazy mirrors..

Comment

Originally posted by volfireman07
                      Does this look like a Barracuda?..
                      Originally posted by dank
                      Sure is. Get rid of those crazy mirrors..
                      Here is a pict of my 1994 Tigershark Barracuda
                      I believe the graphic on the front was unique to the Barracuda...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Your shark looks a lot better than mine.

Hey - I spent $5 on those mirrors. Really they are temporary so I could pull a tube behind it. I am probably going to fill the holes and paint it this winter.

I used the pastic base from the broken mirror that came on it to scrape the stickers off. I still haven't found an easy way to remove the silver stickers.

I appreciate the help on identifying the model. It makes it easier to buy parts!

Comment

I'm sure no one really cares, but I took the ski out on November 5th. I can't believe the weather has stayed warm so long. Anyway, I pulled a tube with 2 teenagers with me and my dauughter on the ski. Once it planed off it ran great.

What is the proper rope length when pulling a towable? I had the rope I use with my boat and it was too long. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Yep they have a good power to weight ratio and will pull a lot. Good balance act also with two on the ski and pulling a tube. You must not weigh more than 150 yourself.

Comment

I'm 180s my daughter is about 60lb. The 2 girls on the tube about 100 each. Before I bought it, I was on it with a guy that goes 260 or so. Since he had never riden before it was hard to plane, but with just him on it no problem.

I found that by taking the slack out of the tow rope, getting as much speed as I could, and then turning a little bit, it would level off easier. As soon as it leveled, it would move good. The rope was too long and would get caught under the wake though.

I used to pull knee boards on an X-2 in my younger days. I like this ski because it is more stable than the X-2 but still has a lot of the same abilities for tricks.

Comment

Working...
                              X