Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 WaveRunner III Cylinder 700c cutout

HI All,

I'm in need of some help. I purchased this WRIII and it was running great. After about four hours of running, I idled around about twenty minutes. When I returned to the main lake and ran WOT one cylinder began to skip. It got worse until it finally bogged down. My first thought was fouled plugs. They didn't look that bad but I threw in a new set anyway. It still missing on the one cylinder. Compression is 150 on both cylinder. Single carb. good flow. Both plugs are firing hot. When I was checking spark on the plugs and had the front plug removed, turned over great but wouldn't start on the aft cylinder. When I pulled the aft cylinder plug and turned it over, the engine fired right up. Should I suspect some sort of clog in the exhaust on that cylinder? I am new to jet skis so any and all help is appreciated. If I go after an exhaust clog where would be the easiet place to start and the where do I go from there?

Thanks,

the fatman

Re: 95 WaveRunner III Cylinder 700c cutout

Spark, Compression, Fuel. If it was me and I had all three, I would suspect a chipped or broken reed petal. Simplest stuff first.

Comment

Try trimming the plug wires back and re-attaching the boots.
      Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Swap plugs, or try new plugs, and do your one cylinder at a time test again. I've had plugs that would fire fine outside of the cylinder and at low rpms, but would fail at higher rpms and/or under compression. Make sure you ground the wire of the cylinder you're not testing. Trimming the plug wires is a good idea too.
        Last edited by wmsky; 10-17-2005, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X