Fx 140 Speed Question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fx 140 Speed Question???

yy, i show 10200 on my tach. and yer right i think about there questionalbe accuracy. probably close enough for us. i think a little over 10k is ok, and if i remember correctly the airfiler and stacks is supposed to increase rpm, some. not to 11-12 though. if yer a bit over 10 and at the speed yer going per yer dreamometer, sounds about right then to me.
    the oil check methods just plain suck on the these fx140s. however, here's what i've found and is not to hard to do. per the book, 1st ride of the day. start out at 7k for 5 min. then idle for 2, then check it.(i do use a watch for this) this oil level reading is what i've found to be most accurate for my 02. keep an eye on the oil level too. mine uses oil. some folks will say, nah, but i say, yep, i kept track of my consuption and it was quite distressing. however at about a 175 hrs the use has gone down. who knows, it's just now getting broke in???? really.... anyways. keep an eye on it. but most of all, ride and have fun now that ya gottem runnin sweet.....
    02 fx140
    ppk
    solas 12/19 sb impeller
    riva high flow air filter w/ volisity stacks

72 trisonic 1700 caprice, 165 merc i/o

Comment

Hey man, great tips on the oil thanks alot,
      the dealer said one of our skis was about a 1/4 quart low, the other one had not lost any oil since July.
      The skis have 141 and 144 hrs. respectively and they still look great.
      Picked up both of em with the dbl trailer for 12.9K back when they had 75 hrs on em so I can't complain, esp. since they both have Yamaha Y.E.S. warranty until 2009 (!)
      Can't wait to get em back out this weekend, it's a little chilly now but supposed to warm up saturday... just curious, how did you check your top rpm, you're in Nebraska right?
      Last edited by YoYamma; 01-21-2006, 10:34 AM.

Comment

yy, yer lucky to be in fl., still rideing. bummer for me. yep, i'm in ne. so i havn't ridin for a bit. :(. as for my rpm's. i am just reading the oem tach. nothing special. like you said. it may be a little off. but i'm thinkin for us general consumers it is probably a good enough reading.
        02 fx140
        ppk
        solas 12/19 sb impeller
        riva high flow air filter w/ volisity stacks

72 trisonic 1700 caprice, 165 merc i/o

Comment

Managed to get out on the lakes twice today for a little top end fun, just for kicks we let the gas get real low and started making some 100-200 yard runs on slight chop...
          dreamo-meter on one ski hit 67 mph, not bad since pre-Riva we seldom hit 53 on these machines. :emoticont
          Well, just about that time my neighbors came around the bend with their two Hondas and my two kids right on their a** with our other FX140. I was surprised to see my 17 yr old son was not only hanging with the Hondas but then to my amazement he began passing them, which was funny cause he had his 13 yr old sister on the back. They all flew past me and I figured what the heck let's see what this thing can do; As my son peeled off I spun the Yammy around, and not only caught the two Hondas but easily walked away... my neighbor was shocked but all he could do was watch me go by, the one Honda tried to catch up but it appeared those Riva V-stacks were just too much, (esp. with a near dry tank) my speed just seemed limitless. This was a lot of fun, since the Hondas are great skis with very respectable speed and were always passing us before... thank you Riva! I never thought a few extra rpm's would feel so good. :emotisun

Comment

Working...
          X