slight overheat from seagrass in pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slight overheat from seagrass in pump

gee what a crappy day on the water!!!,so i let my older brother ride my sts 750 ,with new sbt engine today on the seagrass infested sesquehanna river in md. i was on my yamaha tooling around when i noticed that i was in a major area of grass!!!. my pump quickly clogged up:emoticonc ,,but befor i could tell my brother to stay out of here it was too late. i had to drift out of it ,but he was not as luckey, the kawi was intangled and clogged and wouldnt move for 3 hours.NOW,,,he didn't now that reving the motor ,and turning it on and off does not a **** thing when the pump is clogged. at this point i had drifted to the other side of the river and could get off and unclog the pump. so i rode over to him and finaly he was in grass free water,he told me that in his "attemps" to clear the pump he noticed that the overheat light came on for a "small amount of time"? and that steam and a little bit of black stuff came out of the tell tale on the side. so i towed him in ,,,now at sun set, and put it back on the trailer. i took off the seat and looked around at the engine, but did not see any peeled paint on the engine or anything, but the engine was a little hot and the riser was realy hot to the touch. So my question is did this totaly screw my new engine?,or weaken it?,and how can i tell. hope some one can help me on this,,thanks

Re: slight overheat from seagrass in pump

really only time will tell
    flush it to make sure its still not clogged and do a compression test.

Comment

Working...
    X