Engine muounting Shims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine muounting Shims

Was just wondering if anyone knew something else that could be used for shims. I took the rubber mounts out of the hull (unscrewed them) and the shims that go between the fibreglass hull and rubber mount were in poor condition. I was hoping to get a sheet of material and cut my own with a jigsaw. Does anyone know a suitable material or has anyone ever done this. Thanks.

Re: Engine muounting Shims

fresh or salt water..
    sheet metal is ok for fresh..
    i know what you are goin thru.. seadoo wants like 3-5 bucks for each stupid shim..

Comment

yeah, exactly....and i live in Australia....so it's going to cost an additional $20-$30 to get them sent over. I might go with sheet metal and use a protective coat over each shim to stop corrosion. I'm quite happy to make them myself! If i used aluminium sheet, that wouldn't rust. Any problem with aluminium that you can see? Thanks seadooHX

Comment

i think thats the material it is already. aluminum. it doenst' rust, it dissenegrates over time. salt will eat anythign up.

Comment

I bought some shims on eBay- got em dirt cheap. Also, you can use the old rubber mounts by removing the rubber and using just the metal plates.

Hope this helps-

Comment

I have used beer cans in a pinch.....
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
            X