2004 gtx sc apparently has nothing wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 gtx sc apparently has nothing wrong

Heres a quick brief i just bought a 2004 gtx 4-tec supercharged took it out a couple of weeks ago and went camping,on the saturday it went perfect didnt miss a beat and it ran nearly all day i pulled it out of the water and went straight to the camp site about 2 mins away from the boat ramp there wasnt much left in the tank maybe 2 litred if that.
    On sunday morning i took it straight to petrol station and filled it up,i filled it up with normal unleaded petrol according to the sticker on the ski normal 87 octane fuel is fine,i went straight from the petrol station the boat ramp and dropped it staright into the water,after i warmed it up for about 5 mins i gave it a squirt and it started to misfire around about 4000 rpm,i drained the tank out and put premium in it thinking that it didnt like the normal fuel but this still made no difference,i took it to my mechanic and he done a diagnostic test and it said everything is fine,does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks Ben.

Re: 2004 gtx sc apparently has nothing wrong

Well it is a new ski, so it should be in top notch condition. The only things i can suggest are to make sure the fuel is good (get fuel from another petrol station to double check) or possibly there is some kind of electrical fault (maybe a loose wire somewhere). It could have just been something blocking off the fuel for an instant.

A pro could probably she'd more light on this one-have you tested the ski since getting it back from your mechanic? Sounds irregular to me. Keep persueing and you'll get yourself an answer. Hope you find the problem:emoticont

Comment

Hey thanks for you reply,i have drained the fuel twice and put in 2 tanks of premium,i have taken it out 3 times,changed the fuel filter and checked every dam electrical connection plus fuses tonight i changed the spark plugs,the ones that were in there are the original ones from when the ski was new they have done 33 hours maybe this could be the problem?
      When i first put it in the water it sounds fine and gets to about 6500 rpm then after about 10mins it starts to get worse then after about 20mins i can bearly reach 4500rpm which seems to me the heat from the engine is affecting something as the engine bay warms up?

Comment

I am confused. Have you ran this ski since changing the sparkplugs or not?
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

no i have not ran the ski in water yet i will take it out this weekend.but i do not hold high hopes.

Comment

Bill is 100% on the mark, the 4 strokes will foul a plug and run like total #@%^. Some plugs last years others..... There will be a very, very slight discoloration on the fouled plug. If thats what it is.

Comment

Thanks heaps everyone i will post a reply when i know what is wrong or what fixed it.

Comment

The problem turned out to be the spark plugs.

Comment

If your problem continues you may want to check the oil pressure sensor. There is a new part out there.

Comment

Working...
                  X