Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Question

Hey,

Well I just got my first wave runner 93 gtx sea doo 587. I was going to go out and buy the rxp but I decided to go cheap first and see how much I really am going to use it before I go spend all that money. I have a couple of quick questions. When I received the gtx it had only gas in the tank. The oil injection is still on but im not sure if it is working so I been mixing the gas like 3 oz to 2 gallons. I got this wave runner from a friend of mine that repoed it causes the person didn’t pay storage fee... IT runs great had to do some minor things to get it running. New plugs, batt jet pump oil and break free the crank shaft it was stuck. But would still move a little. the thing hasn’t been reg since 01. took it out twice and no problems haven’t even had to redo the carbs, but my question is how much oil should I put in the gas since I still have the oil injection on and don’t know if its working or not... seems also that one of the vents from the tank is clogged cause today I tried to start it and it bogged I opened the tank and allot of pressure came out and I left it opened an it started right up. Also what mods can I do to make this thing go a little quicker without opening up the motor and boring? It does about 38 on the Speedo...

thanks and great site....
    Adam bomb
    93 SEADOO GTX
    OIL BLOCKOFF KIT
    DG EXTREEME PERFORMANCE PIPE &WATERBOX
    DG REV LIMITER SET AT 7,000RPM

95 SEADOO XP
    NEED MOTOR.....
    EMAIL IF U HAVE A BLOWN ONE FOR SALE
    OR REBUILT ONE

Re: Oil Question

Anyone?
    93 SEADOO GTX
    OIL BLOCKOFF KIT

95 SEADOO XP
    NEED MOTOR.....
    OR REBUILT ONE

Comment

Read the high performance setup list section for the waverunner - you didn't even say what it was...

You can not do both injection AND pre-mix. If you add enough oil to premix to save the ngine if the pump fails, but thye pump is good - that's double-oil and is almost as bad as not enough.

If you suspect the pumps are bad block them off. Otherwise replace the pumps with new ones.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Don't even think about building more power and speed out of a motor you had to "break loose the crankshaft in". It will fail soon enough without mods.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

[QUOTE=
          You can not do both injection AND pre-mix. If you add enough oil to premix to save the ngine if the pump fails, but thye pump is good - that's double-oil and is almost as bad as not enough.

If you suspect the pumps are bad block them off. Otherwise replace the pumps with new ones.[/QUOTE]
          But just to be on the safe side for now. How much oil should i put in the gas. I am planing on removing the oil injection asap. But till then how should i run it without worriing?

Adam
          93 SEADOO GTX
          OIL BLOCKOFF KIT

95 SEADOO XP
          NEED MOTOR.....
          OR REBUILT ONE

Comment

Adam, What TS is telling you is that YOU NEED TO KNOW IF YOUR OIL INJECTION IS WORKING or NOT WORKING. Because if it is, you need to add zero oil to your gas. If it is not working, you need 40 to 1 premixed gas.

Both would be way too much oil, and there is no inbetween ratio that assures you won't ruin your motor.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

One of my GTXs is a 93 and you can see the drop in oil from the tank with even one ride. If the oil is going down then the pump is working. I usually add oil about every third time out.

Normal speed for this ski is 40 so if you're hitting 38 that's pretty good assuming there may be issues with the engine. If you want more speed you'll want to get a different ski but the 93 is a lot of fun. The light flat hull spins out pretty easily.

Mike

Comment

Mark a line on the oil tank at the full level. My '94 GTS had a line on it when I got it. I now know that if it is filled above that line, the excess will leak into the hull. Watch the oil level in reference to the line. You should see the oil level drop about an inch + or - during an average day of riding. If the oil level does not change, you are doing damage to your engine.

Comment

Working...
                X