Starter Removal & Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Removal & Replacement

Have a Seadoo 00' RX carburated, starter stays fully engaged. What parts have to be removed to access the starter and what is the location of bolts in order to remove the magneto to release the starter. I have already removed the 2 allen bolts in the rear of the starter. Are there places on the internet that show a exploded view of pwc's that might show the removal stage.
    Thanks

Don P

Re: Starter Removal & Replacement

You'll need to pull the exhaust and access the front cover to pull the starter drive.

Comment

the allens is all there is holding the starter on.. BUT wait a second..
      your starter stays engaged?.. that has nothing to do with your starter.. i have a feeling your starter relay may be going bad and has stuck creating a current.
      replace the relay..(20) bux
      And if anything is stuck down there it usually wont have to do with the starter cause the starter never jumps out.. the bendix may be bad and that is on the inside of the front housing cover(mag-stator).
      that requires pullling the front cover off and pulling the flywheel off to access.
      good luck and let us know what u find

Comment

If this is a case of a stuck relay, where is it located and is there a test I can do before I get any further into the disassembly. Thank you very much for the immediate response.

DonP

Comment

We need more info on the problem?

Does the starter turn over the engine all the time when the battery is connected?

Does the starter only turn the engine over when you press the start button but wont disengage from the engine when it tries to start?
          Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

When you say "stays engaged" do you mean that it's energized and the lanyard is out or in? Sounds like at the very least your relay is bad. BTW - the relay is located in the electrical box and has 2 10mm lugs on it.

To remove the starter requires a little bit of prying between the mag housing and the starter with the 2 allen bolts removed.
            Last edited by Tom XP; 10-27-2005, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X