need engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need engine

i just had a 1993 tigershark, arctic cat given to me but it needs a engine, the one in it threw a rod and destoryed the block so theres no core, anybody no where i can get mabey a used one :emoticonn or a new one? the carbs and starter are ok as well as everything else other then the block ***.

lil laser:D

Re: need engine

Tech articles, salvage yards. Or place a wanted ad - or get a new one from a dealer for a few grand.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

im thinking i need to try to get a used one as i dont get to work much with school and all, i dont have any salvage yards around here, is there any online? and can you tell me the names so i can see about getting a engine from one?:emoticonb

my grandpa likes this one pretty good and is going to help me out a little, i just gotta find one at a price we can afford.:emotisun
      thanks

Comment

I have a good core engine for $150 that you would need to rebuild or send to SBT for a core replacement.

That would be the way I would go since you get a professional rebuild and a great warranty.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

thats great!!:beer is it a hole engine and how do we do this? COD?
          i can PM you our address.
          thanks Dank... YOU DA MAN!! :emoticont

Comment

Got payment and will box it up today.

Comment

:emotisun you da man!:emoticont

Comment

Dank, i got the motor today, :emoticont boy was that fast.
                i sent you a pm question:emoticonn
                thanks

Comment

Good to here, No PM??

Comment

ok
                    i need to no if you insured the engine, it looks like it was dropped and the part where the front cover goes is broken off.
                    thanks
                    lil laser

Comment

also, did you see if you have a starter and carb for 96 monte carlo?

thanks

Comment

I will look for them. I may not have them since they are normaly the first parts used off a salvaged ski.

Comment

dank

we just filed a clam with UPS on the damage and they said they would be in contact with you cause you were the shipper, they asked us the value on replacing the engine and the only price i no about is from SBT, you no, the 699.00 engines. i mean gezzz im just a kid, i dont no what the replacement on stuff like that is.
                          anyway we have to pack it back up and there picking it up tomorrow afternoon.
                          i dont no what to do now. you have been so nice and have done everything just like you said you would.
                          is UPS going to stick it to me on this,
                          im sorry, im just a little down now.
                          thanks buddy

Comment

Sorry to here about the trouble. I have had other engines damaged in the past from both UPS and Fed_X. That is why I did insure it for $500. Hopefully they will be quick in processing the claim. Can You tell if the box was crushed?

Comment

If they pay the claim I will send another case to you to replace the broken one. I don't think that it could be repaired based on where it is. Have you started a claim if so what info do you have on the claim #

Comment

Working...
                              X