Specs. on a 94 seadoo xp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specs. on a 94 seadoo xp...

Hi..I was just wondering what the specs. are on a 1994 seadoo xp or where can I find them..with the white rotax motor..I have recently given up on my 90 sp and want to get rid of it...
    thanks

Re: Specs. on a 94 seadoo xp...

Well, what exactly are you looking for?
    It has a 657x motor, 85HP. Twin 38 Mikuni Carbs and are FUN! The stock exhaust is a tuned pipe straight from the factory. The only known issues with the 657 platform is the exhaust bolts. As time goes on the exhaust bolts will shear off. The cause for this is worn out rubber dampeners located on the exhaust manifold.

There was a gas tank recall on those motors. To check to see if yours was done, you can take it to any dealer and they can run it for you. If it had not been done, they can do it.

The best thing you can do to that boat is add flame arrestors and re-prop. It will REALLY make those motors come to life.

I own one, and LOVE it. Have fun!
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Okay..thanks for the info...Is there anything different between the 1994 and 1996 model? I'm trying to decide whether I should go with the 1996 model which I guess has a lot of mods done to it already...If anyone knows of a website which has specs on it..Please let me know :emoticont

Comment

One site has all the tech specs but has been down for a while because of the hurricane. Regardless, the members here at SBT can give you all the info you want.

The 96XP is much more powerful stock for stock.
        94XP has 650 +/- cc's
        96xp has 787 +/- cc's

Hp is increased quite a bit as well in the 96 version. The hull has been updated in 96 as well. Better handling for the speed that the 96xp creates.

Be careful when buying an already modded ski. Make sure you take it to a good mechanic or do a really good inspection on it yourself. some "modders" don't take the time to insure proper installation and tuning. Others are very finiky and have the boats to perfection. Find out which one the seller is.

If it were me, I would go with the 96 if it were modded lightly and modded correctly. Those things are nasty fast and you can really throw them around.

Price range for a 94xp should be 1000-1500 depending on condition and triler. 96xp should be 2300-3000.
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Okay thanks for the information..The guy who is selling this seadoo xp is selling it in the $1600 price range...I have yet to see it but all I know from his ad was that he babied it...

Comment

Okay, I know I've been asking a lot about the '94 and '96, but I looked on sea-doo.net and couldnt find anything, I am also interested in the '93 specs so if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated:emoticonw

Comment

the 93' XP has a 657 motor, not a 657x like the 94. I also don't beleive it come stock with sponsons, so it's gonna be a slippery ride. Carbs are a little smaller, electrical set up is different. Similar ski, but handles different and is slower.
              Dan Solie -
              94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

How much slower?..I'm looking for something that goes a somewhat faster than my '90 sp..

Comment

The 93 XP goes much faster and quicker than a 1990 SP.
                  Bill O'Neal <br>
                  WCM
                  <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

The 93 XP Hull was the Edsel of Sea Doo Hulls. It was one of my 12 SD,s. I remember trading it back in to my Dealer (Even Trade) for the 93 SPX which was more fun to ride!
                    "The Hull Makes The Difference"

Comment

Working...
                    X