stx1100 sbt engine questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stx1100 sbt engine questions

hi guys. i just got a new sbt premium engine for my stx 1100. first thing, the mechanic who put the engine on the ski didn't give me any paper work with the warranty on the engine. do you guys send the warranties paperwork with the engines? One more question, the engine is leaking oil through the muffler. is this because it is a new engine and has oil in the pipe? i started the ski 3 or 4 times with the hose on to see if the oil stops coming out, but its still coming. any tips?

Re: stx1100 sbt engine questions

No that is not normal, nor do I know exactly where you mean. Yes we send paperwork. Call in 877 330 0231 and we can send you another copy of everything if they lost it or whatever.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

the mechanic say to me the oil is coming out because was there THAT MAKE SENSE?? you thing i need check the engine? the engine start in the first push, maybe the mix too rich??? any way to check the mix ratio on the pump??? why the ski can be burning soo much oil??

Comment

http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...ead.php?t=4317

Comment

my biggest concern is the oil coming out from the muffler any ideas?????

Comment

Yeah...read the link I just gave you. And stop private messaging me.

Also - if you have not actually ridden the ski on the water yet - you need to before jumping to any conclusions. Get some time on it.

Comment

sorry bro i just get all crazy i spend over 2500 on this ski and this oil coming out make me crazy.i gonna get the ski in the water in the next few days and see.
              sorry for private msgs.
              ac

Comment

i get the ski in the water is working really good get 65 mph in few seconds i still running easy for a least 3 thanks
                thanks guys
                ac
                :emoticonw :emoticonw :emoticonw :emoticonw :emoticonw :emoticonw :emoticonw :emoticonw :emoticonw :emoticonw :emoticonw :emoticonw :emoticonw :emoticonw :emoticonw

Comment

65 is not easy during break-in
                  Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

When I flush my boats after a salt water ride, I make sure I'm not in the grass, or it will leave a big black oil slick and carbon.

Is it oil or just black crud mixed in the water?

A 2 stroke does burn oil. It has to go somewhere out the exhaust.
                    <b>________________________________________
                    Not as good as I once was
                    But I'm good once, as I ever was!

Retired 7x, Region 5 stand-up Champion</b>

Comment

On a newer motor it will spit abit more out the exhaust than usaul so flush it in street or on a the driveway of someone that pissed you off.. :)

Comment

the spill looks like crude oil, the ski only does this when i start it after it has been sitting for a while like from weekend to weekend, but if i run the ski all day and flush it, oil does not come out. but next weekend i know im gonna have the same problem.i hope youre right and the new engine will fix itself over time. thanks for the advice.

:beer

Comment

I think what you are seeing is left over oil from your first tank of break in fuel with the double oil that mite still be in your exhaust system.

Comment

5 hours on new engine and running perfect :beer:emoticont :emoticonw :emoticonb to sbt guy's

ac

Comment

Working...
                            X