rebuild kit for the accelerator pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebuild kit for the accelerator pump

I have found another problem with my recently reassembled 947. As stated in the other post, there is a considerable bog or hesitation anytime the throttle is opened quickly. So I decided to check the acc pump operation and found very little flow with the throttle is pumped.

I don't see any repair kits for this pump only. Nor do a see a part number for the pumps diaphram. There is a Mikuni number, just no SD number. I intend to take it off tonight and see if it is repairable. I think I may have gotten some trash in it from cleaning the carb part before rebuilding. Does SBT sell parts for this pump?

Re: rebuild kit for the accelerator pump

They are dealer only. www.hlsm.com has the numbers.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

There are diaphram kits available for this carbureator setup. I am holding one in my hand. I get them from Hot Products.
      But, usually the only thing wrong is the brass nozzels get their check valves stuck inside of them and they can be freed up and cleaned using spray carb cleaner and a tiny wire to poke in there and free up the check valve ball.

I have had a couple of accellerator pumps that would not operate properly though.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

The check valve on the outlet side was clogged. After messing with it some I got it to stick open. Finally, and after much washing, poking and pressurizing it seemed to work properly. Got it back on the boat, fired it up for a few seconds to re-fill the rear carb, pulled the line back off and it will spray out of the hull now.

Seeing how much fuel comes out makes me pretty optimistic that the problem will be gone next time out.

Thanks Bill.

BTW, HLSM.com only shows the entire pump assembly including the carb cap for many $$s

Comment

That is why I buy only the diaphram kit from Hot Products. It cost only a few dollars. There really isn't much else to replace if you don't break the aluminum housing.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
          X