Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Install Gp1300R engines in a exciter and use 1100 mufflers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Gp1300R engines in a exciter and use 1100 mufflers..

How will the engines work with the original Yamaha Exciter (jetboat) mufflers (1100), they look quite the same but just a bit smaller exhaust connection. but if I use a rubberconverter from the Gp1300R exhaustsize to the 1100 mufflers.

Re: Install Gp1300R engines in a exciter and use 1100 mufflers..

There is nothing remotely the same between the two.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I have understand that nothing of the parts between this engines fits with each others!.

Is there any aftermarket parts avaible for this section of the Gp1300R exhaust??
      Want something smaller...

Comment

This is the Gp1300R muffler and the Exciter original muffler, Whats the Box for on the Gp1300R muffler???

Will try to use the Gp1300R muffler but make it a little bit shorter so it fits!..

Comment

Look I don't mean to be rude, but you have no clue how these engines work. You can NOT interchange parts like that. The muffler system is an integral part of the engine system and everything needs to be matched. If you want more power in your 1100 boat, sell it and buy a later model, or custom fiberglass motor mounts, swap the jet drive systems and drop in a COMPLETE engine system of your choice.

And no, there are no 'smaller' aftermarket pipes.

Comment

I donīt know how this engine works..? Okey!?
            2-stroke machines...
            Yes I can sell everything and be like the rest..
            Or I can try to make the fastest exciter..?
            And that the SBTīs tech support have this opinion ..?I thought you guys liked this kind of project.. But is it just aftermarket BUY-things/performance that works for you guys??hmmm
            Of course I now that everything is matched to each other.. but for that reason nothing says that you can make it better or just the same but so it fits in my enginebay..I thinking of the exhaust...

Comment

Sir, if it were that easy, Factory Pipe wouldn't be spending hundreds of thousands on pipe R&D alone. But hey - good luck! :emoticonw :beer

Comment

Sometimes it's just hard enough to get these two strokes to run right the way they were designed to.. it's another thing to put together a hack job :)

Comment

To make it easier, I'll buy one of your complete 1300R engines. I am sure I could find a buyer for your other one.

Rebuild the 1100s or go to a pair of 1200 npv and get 2 sets of triple pipe setups. There you have it, one kick *** Jetboat.
                  J-me
                  05 Bayliner 175
                  98 GP 1200 Yamaha factory support hull, Lamey engine, Skat pump

Comment

Thanks.... keep you guys posted in the future..!
                    Over and out for now..

Comment

Maybe take a look at this, re: 2-stroke pipe design

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcnuts/em-pipes.html
                      96 Raider 1100 - ProTec ride plate & Extended nozzle, R&D Intake grate
                      TS-built 97 GP1200 'sky high' edition

Comment

How do the experts think about having the exhaust like this?
                        Just to make a adapterplate.
                        And after this part of the exhaust I will make a custommade "Riva Stinger 3" pipe the way back to the Gp1300R muffler...

Itīs tight, but I can be made!

Comment

Jut take dryer ducting, shape it where you want it, then mold the outside with JB-weld to hold it to form. Works great. Don't forget the duct take at all gasket surfaces.

Comment

Working...
                          X