No announcement yet.

02 F12 non-running: should I run away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 F12 non-running: should I run away?

Looking at buying a non-running 02 F12 "winter project" and trying to determine a fair and reasonable price. I am willing/able to supply the labor but I don't want to sink even parts cost into a "boat anchor" project. Looks like they are worth aprox. $5k in running condition. Any pitfalls I should be aware of other than the major unknowns associated with a non-running ski with no history? This was an auction ski and has no trailer and motor appears to be seized but I am unable to tell if it is the pump or motor that is seized. Also, Honda's need a security code to start? If I don't have this code do I have to go to dealer? My gut tells me to run away-fast unless I can get it real cheap.

Re: 02 F12 non-running: should I run away?

I honestly know nothing about the honda's other than that they are expensive. That said, if you can get it cheap and part it out, you could probably double your money since you are, as far as i know, only competing with dealers when it comes to parts.

Your best bet wold be to take a look at it. Read the article on buying a used ski.

Good luck!

Comment

Re: 02 F12 non-running: should I run away?

If it is the motor you could be looking at anything from minor to severe case and or head damage from bent valves the only way to be sure is to tear into it, if it is bad damage you may be better off parting it out call a local dealer and get a quote on a head assembly or case assembly to get an idea. If the ski was sunk the electronics (ignition) may be shot and useless so I would weigh my options.

Comment

02 F12 non running should I run away

have you tried doing a compression test? If not that would be a good place to start. Check the intake valve clearance.
        russian mail order bride natasha

Comment

Working...
        X