Oil pump on 951 SBT install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pump on 951 SBT install.

The new engine is in and I replaced and primed the oil injection lines, but when cranking over the engine I see the pump outputs are staggered. What I mean by that is port 1 will put out oil then nothing, next 2 puts out then nothing. Then back to 1 and this repeats.

Is this the normal working of the pump?

Re: Oil pump on 951 SBT install.

Until you bleed all of the air out of the system, yes, that is what you will see. This is the main reason for using pre-mix on the break-in.
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Thank you John, is the feed timing needed on this engine. line 1 to cyl 1 and line 2 to cyl 2. you have said that it is importent on the rotory valve engines.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisamsdad
        Thank you John, is the feed timing needed on this engine. line 1 to cyl 1 and line 2 to cyl 2. you have said that it is importent on the rotory valve engines.
        I have NEVER made such a statement!!!! However, The timing of the rotary valve is very important. Personally, I would assume that oil arriving at the oil injector at any time would be acceptable (think 7000 RPM's). If you follow the original hose routing, there should be no questions.
        John Kubiak
        Las Vegas, Nevada
        Sea-Doo Tech 13736

Comment

accordign to one of bills old post, the timing is meant for each cylinder. it is supposed ot pump in that way. if u dind't confuse which line goes wher,e u will be fine.wahts funny, is when my lines are filled, it's hard to see if it's accutally moving. they are all filled w/ oil! haha.

Comment

switching the lines on the 951 should not make any issues. also the SBT install doc does not talk about the timing. and when you install the stater cover the pump can go in at 0' or 180'. SBT do you have any insite on this?

Comment

Think about this..Do you have timing marks for the oil pump drive shaft???? NO you do not!!!! Why??? It can be installed in an infinite number of crankshaft positions.....Timing is not critical.........Put the darn thing together and operate it!!!!
              John Kubiak
              Las Vegas, Nevada
              Sea-Doo Tech 13736

Comment

Thank you!

You have the insite from years of working on thes things, I don't yet. I do see that there are many motor replaced time and time again. because of small issues missed, don't want that. Just learning the details.

Thanks to all.

Comment

John,

I have learned much from just reading the past threads of this forum. And I see many answers are from you and Bill. Thanks to both of you.

I travel much and next time I am in Vegas I will stop by your shop and say thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X