99XPL engine alignment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99XPL engine alignment!

I have this thing almost totally gutted, and everytime I check something, I find the previous owner messed something up. Little parts like seals, boots, check valves, nothing major. LOL! Anyway, the engine had been replaced once with an SBT engine, the guy who did it messed about everything up you can mess up, and i'm doubting the alignment as I see where the front shims have been repositioned.

Never have owned one of these, I was wondering if the mid-shaft bearing unit just bolts in solid, as in no room for adjustment. I know this has to be loosend and didn't want anymore surprises.

Thanks,

Steve
    Last edited by duckman1; 12-04-2005, 06:00 PM.

Re: 99XPL engine alignment!

No, that bearing carrier is held into place with 6 6mm bolts and nuts. It must be lossened and then the alignment tool shaft slides through it and up to the rear coupler on the pto. Once that is all alinged well, you tighten those 6 nuts and the carrier bearing is properly located so that when you install the rear driveshaft, it aligns with the engine properly.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks Bill!

Steve

Comment

Bill, I am in a similar situation. I have my 99 XP gutted also. I understand that I need an alignment tool when placing the motor back in. Question is where do I get one and how much are they? Thanks & stay safe

Comment

Right here on this web site!! http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2...gory_Code=40-1
          John Kubiak
          Powersports Technical Training Professional
          Las Vegas, Nevada
          Sea-Doo Tech 13736
          PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
          PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
          NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
          Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X