92 waverunner 3 carb trouble ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 waverunner 3 carb trouble ?

I just bought 2 used 92 waverunner 3's one runs great, the other will only start when you pour gas in the carb, was thinking carb rebuild or at least good cleaning, but then i read on another forum that a case leak or other air leak would act the same way.. any suggestions on where to start looking b4 i spend money on parts? thing runs great when dump gas in it.. good compression.

looking to get this thing out on the water in a couple days if i can, so any quick and knowledgeble responses will be appreciated..

Re: 92 waverunner 3 carb trouble ?

If the carb has never been rebuilt, start there.

Comment

check for stuck needle and seat inside carb

Comment

yeah, cranked it up with gas in the carb today and the low end sounds ragged.. im thinkin the motor is shot... these motors are pretty plentiful used though arent they ? im thinkin it might be swap out time.. what does a used one cost 300 on ebay ? looks like a pretty simple job too

Comment

A rebuild kit for the carb will be far cheaper and less work than a new motor. Did you check the compression of have any reason to believe that the motor is toast?

Comment

pulled the carb a couple of hours ago, just got back from an hour long ride up the intercaostal.. SWEEEet ! that all it was , just needed a cleaning.. still want to put a kit in it though, i tore the base gasket but was able to still get it together, didnt feel like it was running lean either , :beer but just in case..

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL , and thanks for the help..

NOW what kind of easy performance mods can i do to a pair of 92 WR111's ?? ...lol

Comment

You should try and use new gaskets when you can anyways.Dont forget...the base gasket doesnt come in the carb kit.You gotta order them separate.
              Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Working...
              X