Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What aftermarket carb is best for a 90 650 x2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What aftermarket carb is best for a 90 650 x2?

1990 Kaw X2, Everything mostly stock at this point, new pipe and waterbox only. It appears the oem carb is one of the first replacement mods for x2's, what do I need and where do I get one? Thanks

Re: What aftermarket carb is best for a 90 650 x2?

mikuni SBN 44. you will also need an intake manifold. they are out there. or you can get a new one.

zig
    please visit my link with pics of my many parts for sale

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/radracingpics/my_photos

email radracingpwc@aol.com

Comment

Re: What aftermarket carb is best for a 90 650 x2?

There are 2 good choices. The 42 keihin carb bolts right on to the stock manifold (easily bored to 42mm) and is very easy to tune (it's my personal favorite). The 44SBN Mikuni can also work well, but requires attaching an adaptor plate to the stock manifold (along with boring) or finding an old aftermarket manifold.
      Note that virtually all aftermarket carbs for the X2 could not utilize the very short oem throttle cable, and usually required that you install the longer throttle cable from the 650SX along with the SX throttle cable bracket that bolts to the motor mount.
      Respectfully, Harry Klemm

Originally posted by travz71
      1990 Kaw X2, Everything mostly stock at this point, new pipe and waterbox only. It appears the oem carb is one of the first replacement mods for x2's, what do I need and where do I get one? Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X