Custom Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Finish

Ok let me start by saying this is a hell of a nice forum been browsing through tech ? lots of valuable info! So here is my ? have a 96\97 venture 1100 tired of stock graphics Expecialy all those lovely warning\instructional decals so I am refinishing & as all of you DIY"S know nothing is as educational as taking on a project like this your first time we say it is paying your dues which is one way to learn & it is nice knowing there isn't anything you could do that you cann't fix but it is June so I am asking for some words of wisdom so I can get wet bt July 4th. I have pullen off all molding decals & such I am spraying some sweet pearl flames if i say so myself my ? would be that I am shooting the whole hull & fixing all the guages in bottom wanted to know just how hard pulling motor & inards out is or would it be easier to hoist up & work from underneath as this is what I started to do but would be nice to flip the thing upside down or could i remove tanks & exhaust & flip on side any suggestions would be nice Thanks oh & will post picture when done so you guys can see:)
    & That is the way it is cuz MOJO Said so!

There's nothing 'hard' about gutting it, but on that ski you are talking about 10+ hours of work to do so your first time. Gauge that against working from the bottom.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

hey thanks for such a quick response !!! What do you think about draining all fluids & flipping on side would that cause any problems? Also was thinking about getting some sponsons & impellar already have Riva ride plate what would you recomend & any other performance products which you think would be worth while again thanks

Comment

The issues are with the motor mounts - they are not designed to hold the engine upside down for very long. If you need it on it's side for more than a couple hours I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

Thanks again tou guys are a wonderful resource I will defintly buy any products I need from you guys as long as you carry them. So if you could I am interested in some performance bolt ons as my boat is stock other than Riva ride plate so if you could list in order of add ons you wouls install with 1000 dollar budget customer service like yours is what company's need to rember in the ever growing market on the web hats off to your approach!!!!!!!!!!!!!= [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Wat are you looking to improve and what kind of water do you ride in?

Comment

overall handeling and acceleration i ride both lake and ocean love wave jumping also thinking about longbeach to catalina run!! thanks

Comment

also had silly ? the water spot that shoots water in the air is this just for safety & could it be plugged as every bit of water pushing out of rear is what we want not in air just a thought

Comment

It makes no performance difference, but yes you can plug it, or just pull the line off. Yes it's for visability.

Comment

So as this project is coming along i find myself getting deeper in every day I have removed the gas & oiltanks first ? would you block off pump & use pre mix method on this craft as I have read some different opions of the injection system (1100 waveventure 96\97)also removed exhaust water box should there always be water in there even after flushing & blowing out & again wanting to do a couple of mods I ride in both lake & ocean what i want is the best handling & hook up as possible while increasing speed as well if this is possable any suggestions would be appreciated another thing is looking for after market parts I rarely see my craft mentioned is there another craft that I can pretty much figure same parts would work ex( Raider 1100 same year

[ June 26, 2003, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: mojoz69 ]

Comment

Working...
                    X