This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad rattling when idling

When i run the waverunner at idle it runs fine for a little when but sometimes i hear a loud rattling sound start to develop but when i hit the throttle a little bit it stops and after another while it does it again. It only does it when idling. Can somebody tell me why this happens and what is going on? It runs fine except that rattling noise. Is is something serious that i should worry about or just ignore since the waverunner runs fine? All help would be appreciated thans!

Re: bad rattling when idling

You are hearing the impellor splines rattling on the driveshaft splines. It is completly normal and harmless. Do not worry about it.

BTW, a Sea Doo is not a waverunner, nor is it a jetski. A Waverunner is made by Yamaha, a jetski is made by Kawasaki. A Sea Doo is reffered to as a Sea Doo..
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

It also couldn't hurt if you grease your PTO too. I have noticed that my 94XP makes a little louder of a noise when she wants grease...
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

whats a PTO?

Comment

Power Take Off coupler - the part the driveshaft connects to at the engine.

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X