Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultra 150 keeps fouling plugs over & over.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra 150 keeps fouling plugs over & over.

Hi, I have a 2000 Ultra 150 and have been fouling plugs over & over. I lost the #2 cylinder due to broken rings last summer & replaced it at the end of the season. After replacing the cylinder, rings & pistion I noticed oil all in the bottom of the jetski. Checked the oil lines, and they all were cracked & leaking. I replaced oil lines and have been fouling plugs over & over especially on the cylinder that I replaced (they were fouling before & after replacing oil lines, but not before the cylinder replacement) I have a pretty good mechanical background, but I cannot figure this out. Please help

I have:

Checked the Oil Cable,

Checked the Throttle cable.

Checked the Choke cable

Using BR9ES Plugs properly gapped & Torqued

When I replaced the oil lines I primed them, there were a few bubbles in the line, but when I test ran with the seat off, I could see them moving in all lines using a mirror & flashlight, So I know the pump is working.

The fouling seems to occur at idle.

If I run it at a high speed, and cut power, the plugs look lean, but at idle they look rich

All 3 cylinders have compression of around 115 psi (checked today)

114 hours

I read a previous thread about cutting the end of the plug wires & reconnecting but dont know how without ruining the wire.

As far as I know there is no adjustment of carbs on Ultra 150's

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please respond in detail, I have tried to give as much info as possible.

Pav

Re: Ultra 150 keeps fouling plugs over & over.

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X