This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki 440 build up

Sorry, I posted this here, I need to do that in technical.

I'm new to this forum, so I'd like to take a minute and introduce myself. My name is Nikos and I live in Los Angeles, Ca.

I have this 1989 440 kawasaki jet ski. I bought it about 2 years ago and its been sitting in my garage and I'm tired of just looking at it. I used it a couple times but it gave me issues, so I want to start fresh and build the motor up. I bought it used and the guy I guess added all kinds of aftermarket stuff, but I dont know the history of the motor etc so I want to start fresh.

I would like to make it fast and reliable. I dont like the 440 power so I'm thinking of boring it out to a 550 and changing the carb all togther.

I would like to get some input on how I should go about doing this and what parts are recommended for the build up. I would like to know what carb (single or dual) and what intake manifold (single or double) I should use. If I'm not on the right track of upgrading to a 550 then I would really like suggestions. I want the ski to haul *** and at the same time be reliable. Any info would really help me narrrow down my project and get started. I dont want to find myself kicking myself wishing I had gone down another road from the start. Thanks and have a great weekend.
    Last edited by sunnygrill; 03-18-2006, 11:03 PM. Reason: I think I made a mistake posting here

Re: Kawasaki 440 build up

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X