Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower compression on rear cylinder of 1996 640 Tigershark Monte Carlo

1996 Monte Carlo 640 Tigershark
    I have 150 psi on front cylinder and 130 on rear. Is this ok or should I attempt to rebuild it. I also have an exhaust leak on a weld. Can this be easily repaired. Impeller also has small knicks on the blades, should I replace? I just purchased this jet ski. Can anyone help?

Also looking for the air intake grate off of the front storage hatch and the front bumper. I know this is alot, but if anyone can help let me know. Thanks.

Re: Lower compression on rear cylinder of 1996 640 Tigershark Monte Carlo

20 psi low means significant damage from past seizure(s). You at least need to rebuild the top-end, if not replace the whole thing depending on the crank's condition when you inspect it.

The pipe may be reweldable, you'll need to have a local welder take a look and see.

Yes any impeller damage needs to be repair ASAP, or you will do more damage from cavitation.

Use www.pwctoday.com for finding your parts and general support.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I began to tear it down. First I did a wet test and poured a little oil down the low compression clyinder and tested it again. It read 155 pounds. So I believe it needs a ring job. So I removed everything up until the head itself. I cannot for the life of me break the seal between the head and the crankcasing. Any Ideas? Also I noticed that the rubber bushing between the couplers is going. Any Ideas for an easy removal?

Comment

Rubber mallet.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X