What to do...Fix again or buy new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do...Fix again or buy new

Need advice on a decision I need to make. I have a clean Yamaha WR III '92...just replaced the engine/mounts with a SBT. Broke in the motor....and while going 3/4 throttle....the engine raced and lost thrust. The PWC would no longer get up on plane else the engine would race....but had enough thrust to make it home....

So here is the diagnostic & decision.....local shop said $600 & up to re-build the pump...then they walked my wife over to the new machines. The sales people were sympathetic of the money pit she has grown tired of. This was abount the only part of the sales process they got right.

They presented 3 replacements w/ trailers 1) A basic Honda for 9,199 2) SeaDoo GTIse 8,699 3) Kawasaki STF12 8,199.....and that was the end of the sales process.....they had some basic mfgr. incentives...nothing to write home about...and only 1 year warranty on all.

So decision is...do I sink another $600 + into the old war-horse or shop around for a new ski....which appears to be a research project and give me that guranteed feeling that I got screwed after I leave the dealership.

Thoughts? - - Thanks in advance.

Frank the Tank.

Re: What to do...Fix again or buy new

If $600 means new impeller, housing adn bearings, and that's all it needs...I guess it just comes down to how much you enjoy that ski. Spending 10x+ that on another ski is really an apples or oranges comparison.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X