Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 SLT700 polaris starts when releasing start switch?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 SLT700 polaris starts when releasing start switch?

Hello Everyone,
    I have recently come across a problem with one of my two SLT700 polaris jetskii's. ok to start off they were running fine the about 4-5 hour's of running one of my two just wouldn't start, so we decided to call it a day. the next morning after coffiee. i went to quick start them to see. one started just fine the other however seems to start when releasing the push start switch. it started then i shut it off. after several try's it seems to get fire when releasing the start switch. any suggestions on what i need to replace to fix this so it works properly? could this be the control box? or maybe the ignition coil?

also i am in need of either a replacment prop or some where to have one repaired of this same model jetski, thanks in Advance for any help.
    Sincerly Gary G.
    Last edited by gashe; 04-09-2006, 08:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: 1996 SLT700 polaris starts when releasing start switch?

Check your grounds inside the elec. box.
    I just solved the same problem on my 97 'cane.

go to pwctoday.com for your future needs.

Comment

Originally posted by wetherby
      Check your grounds inside the elec. box.
      I just solved the same problem on my 97 'cane.

go to pwctoday.com for your future needs.
      ok, just opened the control box it looks new inside all connectors are clean and tight fitted, no rust, or corosion evident. i pulled everyone and reconnected just incase no still no go. it like almost want's to start about evertime i let the push start switch go. "puzzled still "

Comment

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=62687&page=8

I cut the insulators off the connections, and looked where the wire is crimped. Found the corroded connection and fixed it. voila

Comment

ok i have stripped back the insulator on all the black/ground wire's in the control box "still all look to be ok" so now i'm off to buy some heat shrink tubing. i will check back to see if anyother possibility's may arise in this trouble's i am having.

but thank's for the heads up on this wetherby anyother suggestions that may cause this to happen?.

Comment

Low battery would be the only other cause. A battery that is below the proper amperage (load test) will cause a very similar issue.
            If you go to pwctoday.com, in the polaris section, there are quite a few people that know more than me.

Comment

well wetherby thanks for the tip's, while after fully charging the batterie to 12.9/13.0 volts @ 100% it start's right up.

but still confused a bit it seemed to turn over just fine. not like as if the batterie was low and cause it to turn over slowly. fully charged it does turn over a bit faster i will say but it start's and runs fine.

"reason?" just curious:emoticoni some insite on this may help me understand better.

/tiphat to you wetherby and thanks in advance to the site pwctoday.com i will post there sometime and get to know the cummunity in time.
              Sincerly Gary G.

Comment

Your welcome gary.
                When a loaded battery drops below a certain voltage, there is not enough juice to power the ignition. Not sure about other watercraft, but this seems to be a common issue with Polars.

Sorry to have you run through the wires, but this was my problem in the end.

And, FYI, Tech support usually locks the non-sbt related posts here, so pwctoday will be a better choice in the future.

Comment

As we (SBT) have acquired PWCToday, we will begin moving some sections over to that site for non-SBT Product Support.

Please register (if needed) over there and post any non-SBT Product Support discussion.

http://www.pwctoday.com
                  SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                  We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                  Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
                  X