My 96 XP died today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 96 XP died today!

We'll I took my 96 XP out today for its first spin. After driving it 7 mins pretty hard, I had it at WOT for about 10 seconds and it just died almost instantly. I tried to start it and it would barely turnover. So, I had someone tow me back to the dock. Once I got to the dock it started fine. I was thinking it might have leaned out so I checked the plugs and compression and everything checked out fine (145 psi). The 7 mins I was out there it ran fine, but it just died. No bog or anything. The weird part is how slowly it turned over after it died.

I bought this back in November for $1600 w/ trailer. It has a new SBT engine, rebuilt carbs, premix, and R&D FA. I don't know if the carbs have been rejetted for the FA, which worries me. It sat for about 9 months without running which is got me thinking that the carbs may need rebuilt again.

Does it sound like it may have just leaned out? If I should rebuild the carbs what kit do I need? Where do I buy and what kind of jets should I get also? I'm kinda new to PWC, but I've rebuilt several car engines so I think I shouldn't have any trouble rebuilding the carbs.

Re: My 96 XP died today!

go over to www.pwctoday.com you will get 100000 responses there.. noone really responds here... but i would definitely pull the head and check it out...sounds like it seized on you .could be from running lean at WOT.. .just go over to that site..and you will get a response im sure very quick..

just post in the seadoo section

good luck

Comment

Working...
    X