2000 Kawasaki 1100 zxi carb problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Kawasaki 1100 zxi carb problem

Installed my new SBT engine and using older CDK-II's from a '96. I am no carb expert and I am looking for a good mechanic in the greater Jacksonville FL area that specializes in carbs or a great book that will walk me through adjusting them. Both local Kawasaki dealers have given me the blow off. Some basic problems I see doing it myself, how do you keep the carbs attached to the intake manifold without the upper intake plenum blocking your ability to adjust the carbs. I would assume you need shorter bolts to hold them in place temporarily without the plenum but where do you get them? I've also realized the throttle cable is to long for the '96 carb / 2000 engine set up. Even with the stops adjusted to the longest setting the cable is still too long. Any ideas for a quick fix without ordering a new cable?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jenga

:emoticonn

Re: 2000 Kawasaki 1100 zxi carb problem

do not run the ski without the plenum installed! i had a small fuel leak on mine, and the top cover removed while adjusting carbs, and it backfired and ignited the fumes inside the hull and nearly exploded my ski. you need to remove the airbox each time you make an adjustment. (the spark arrestors are there for a reason)

Comment

Thanks for the advise on the air box.

Jenga

Comment

Also you won't be able to adjust them properly without the airbox on since it changes the airflow to the carbs.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
        X