X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter won't turn over engine

Two questions:

1)I have a 1998 TS1000L. The starter turns over freely but wont spin the engine. I removed the starter and inspected it, it's fine and the intermediate gear in the flywheel housing spins freely when using my finger in the starter hole. Splines are OK. What makes the intermediate gear engage the flywheel for starting.??? I was looking to see a frozen bendix on the end of the starter.
    Can this be serviced from the front of the engine, with engine in or does the engine need to to be removed.

2)This jetski seems to have a dead spot at mid throttle position..has had since I've owned it. At about 35mph, giving additional throttle results in no additional RMP and speed. As you advance the throttle further it has no significant increase in RPM and speed, then it reachs a certain point and burst with RPM, way more than I wanted for cruising. I has a non-linear throttle. Do the carbs need cleaning/adjusted or is it something else? Right now the carbs are out to get the starter out for servicing.

Any help would be appreciated. RON

Re: starter won't turn over engine

As we (SBT) have acquired PWCToday, we will begin moving some sections over to that site for non-SBT Product Support.

Please register (if needed) over there and post any non-SBT Product Support discussion.

http://www.pwctoday.com
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X