This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 XP ignition problems

I sure hope someone can help me. We have been fiddling with this thing for 2 summers. The problem is sometimes it fires and sometimes it doesnt. Lately no fire to plugs anytime. The coil, plugs and wires are good and all connections and fuses have been checked. I even carried it to the dealer two seasons and $600 later after they did a lot of unnecessary work could find no ignition problem and it did run good for 30 minutes after we got home but the following week we tried to start it and no fire. I have no confidence in dealor so taking it back there is not a option. I suspect could be ECM or electronic ignition module but how can we test? What is a poor boy to do? We live on a farm and work on tractors ATVs lawn mowers motorcycles chain saws and even airplanes but are baffled by this seadoo problem. Could we convert the ignition to something simplier to service?
    I see seadoo service CDs on ebay for 3-4 bucks are these worthwhile?
    Do we need some special test equipment to determine our problem?
    Does anybody want to buy a very low time xp for parts?
    Someone please advise us where to start?
    Thanks, Curtis

Re: 97 XP ignition problems

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X