My EZ Rooster Tail Disconnect solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My EZ Rooster Tail Disconnect solution

I have an EZ solution to the Yamaha Rooster Tail disconnect. I have seen many different answers to this and believe this is the easiest and cheapest solution

Parts:
    (1) piece of High Pressure water line available at Home Depot, Lowes or Ace Hardware. 6" piece cost less than $1.
    (1) Brass plug fitting with threaded end. $.60
    (1) Brass threaded end cap $.30
    (2) Original clamps

This solution works great and is easily returned to original configuration. Not messy like JB Weld, silicon or other sealant methods and easier than a wire nut, screws and other fasteners. Less stuff hanging there than knobs and levers to stop the water flow.

Just my two cents. Hopefully it will help someone.

Nice!
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Any performance benefit to disconnecting it?

Comment

Absolutely none. Waterflow comes from the nozzle. It's purely an asthetic thing and a polite way to stop spraying my friends when we ride together.

Comment

It would be if you could aim it! HA HA

Comment

Silly me... I thought that spraying your friends (especially the Sea-Poo folks) with the rooster tail was half the fun!

Comment

On my yamaha, I just reach under the ski and pull the hose loose and leave it dangling whenever i dont want it to spray. I have never had any problems from doing this and it takes 2 seconds to plug or unplug it.

Comment

So the rooster tail doesn't actually do anything? I thought it was to let you know that water was circulating through the system and let you know that nothing is clogged. Is this not so?

If it doesn't do anything, I will definitely block mine off. Thank you

Comment

No, it's sucked from the exit nozzle. Look in and you can see where the water comes from. Only designed as a visual warning to others on the water. Good Luck

Comment

I disabled mine by taking the hose off, putting a piece of wooden dowel rod inside the hose, and reconnecting the hose.

OBTW, stopping the squirter can cause slower accel and cavitation.

Comment

Originally posted by YamahaViper15:
                      On my yamaha, I just reach under the ski and pull the hose loose and leave it dangling whenever i dont want it to spray. I have never had any problems from doing this and it takes 2 seconds to plug or unplug it.
                      I leave mine that way permanently. I've never hooked it back up or had any problems with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X