1997 WV1100: Shoe Horning Engine into Hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 WV1100: Shoe Horning Engine into Hull

I'm appreciative of any help and looking forward to this project being over. I appreciate (either on this board or pwctoday the suggestion of completely taking the front hull cover and tanks out to drop the engine in and slide back as a complete unit.

But wow, that looks like a lot of plumbing and electrical work! Of course, not having done it, in a day or two I may look back and it look great.

Here's my questions:

1. The two engine support plates with the nine bolts that I cussed: on the engine before trying to go into the hull or afterwards?
    2. If after into the hull, is there an order or front/rear/left right that works better than others?
    3. I got the stand on in to get flywheel cover on part. Is this before or after engine supports? And in case anybody's wondering, I'm trying to faithfully follow the SBT instructions, but am a little hazy on the "if you had to remove the engine supports from the hull" part here.
    4. Is it possible to go ahead and bolt the engine supports down and get the nine bolts into the bottom of the engine after the supports are down?

I'll be tackling this tonight. Whoever said this is a four-five hour swap hasn't seen my pace of work...

Re: 1997 WV1100: Shoe Horning Engine into Hull

If you are going to remove the plates inthe hull, it is required to do so by turning the engine on it's ends to get to the bolts. It's not fun, just take your time.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X