This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Kawasaki Stx-12f Overheating

I am having trouble with overheating on my 2003 STX-12F only at idle or speeds under approximately 5-7 mph, (ex: no wake zone). You can watch the front right bypass opening and see the cool water start to get hot to the touch, then too hot to touch, and finally turn into steam, and seconds later the overheating warning goes off. The ski runs absolutely flawless in every way except for this new problem, (just as long as I keep the power above idle). I only have about 200 hours on it. I brought it to two dealers who say everything looks normal. If I hook up a garden hose to the boat when it's on a trailer, it will run fine all day long at idle. This tells me that at idle the pump or impeller is not pulling up enough water to cool the engine. There are no blockages, and the impeller looks okay, (hard to tell), should I just go ahead and change the impeller and housing anyway, (pot luck?) or has anyone else run into this problem or have other ideas? If I do change the impeller and housing could someone recommend what to buy, (stock or upgrade to a performance setup, etc), I have the service manual, and I am a car and motorcycle technician so I feel I could handle the job. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: 2003 Kawasaki Stx-12f Overheating

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X