1998 GP800 pop off pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 GP800 pop off pressure

Im rebuilding the carbs on a 1998 yamaha GP800. What is the pop off pressure supposed to be set at. The ski has a hard start when cold problem, and upon opening the first carb, the needle was stuck pretty good in the seat. I am ordering new gasket sets and needles/seats. I checked the first carb twice and the pop off pressure was 80psi. The needle tips are grooved pretty bad, so I was wondering if that would contribute to a high pop off pressure reading.
    Anyway, after I install the new needles and seats and take a pop off pressure test, I was wondering what they should be at.

Re: 1998 GP800 pop off pressure

Stock is 70-80. Anywhere inthe 60's is great too.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks, I think Ill set them both up around 68. Hopefully, new needles and seats, along with lowering the pop off pressure will help out with the hard cold start problem.
      I have also noticed that the needle/seat assemblies are 1.2's, but all I can find are 1.5 replacements. Are the 1.5 assemblies alright to install in place of the 1.2's. Im assuming its just a different fuel orifice size?

Comment

They will work, but it will drop the pressure. Yes it will help the cold starts.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X