This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine sucking up water

Hey guys newbi here with a problem. My friend just bought a 1993 polaris sl750 that seems to run fine out of water, for the short time that we run it. When we put it in the water the engine sucks up water and dies. We pulled the plugs out and hit the starter and pushed allot of water up from the bottom of the engine with the pistons. I know there is a procedure to get the water out of the engine, but right now I do not have access to a manual. I also do not want to wait for a manual to get here, and have that water sitting in the engine. Do any of you know the easiest way I can get the water out of the engine? I am also wondering what part could have failed to cause the engine to suck up the water. I have read that the exhaust manifold gaskets could have went bad, and I have also heard that the water/fuel separator could be bad. If the water/fuel separator were bad there would be water in the tank and fuel lines I am guessing? I know for sure that there isn't any water in the gas tank or in the fuel lines. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Stephen

Re: engine sucking up water

How did you run it out of the water? Did you have it conected to a flush kit if so did you turn the water on first and then start the engine?

Comment

Re: engine sucking up water

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X