Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine install guide question

TS,

In the install guide for the 760, picture 3.5 shows three bolts that hold the pipe brace to the engine. I tried for 45 minutes to figure out a way to get to these bolts, but haven't had any luck. I can't reach them. Is there a trick?

They can be a bit tricky - I think I used a small ratchet and deep socket...it's been a few years since I did my 760...

[ July 17, 2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

If you are removing engine, do not bother stripping thing in the hull, you're wasting your time.

Get the front off, disconnect the hoses/cables, and take the engine out in the largest component possible..... strip the thing on a bench where you have all kinds of access to see things/get at bolts.
      ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

and another tip too it will make it easier for you to take engine out and that would be to take gas tank out before you start to take engine out ok good luck

Comment

Working...
        X