This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 XP running problems

I own a 97 XP that had been running great. One day my boyfriend took the front storage unit out and forgot to put it back it...well we put it in the water, it ran great all day then one of his friends riding it ran it out of gas ( the gas gauge doesnt work of course ) We filled it back up while out on the water and had a heck of a time starting it. It finally started but seems to have lost all of it's power. It will run... but at full throttle it barely goes. My boyfriend told me the plugs probably just fouled out...we took it out of the water, put new plugs in it and it hasn't fixed the problem. Sounds good out of the water, but in the water it backfires and has no power.

Any suggestions besides taking it to an expert? Does it hurt the motor when you run them completely out of gas? or could it have gotten water somewhere it shouldn't have been by running it with that compartment out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: 97 XP running problems

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X