This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter\bendex engage question

hi i just got a used 96 sxi 1100 and when i press the start button i hear the starter but its not engaging with the fly wheel. the dealr mech i talked to said it is common for the benex to get stuck and to rmove the magneto cvr and move the fly wheel backwards ....... to free up the bendex. so i did that and sprayed it wih some wd and put the bendex in place by hand and then the ski started for a bit . anyway same prob again couple days later figd i just got lucky that it started anyway. what can i do to posibly fix this without buying anything; also a spring came from some where during my removal of bendex. its 1/2 to an inch it fits in the hole that the bendex stem thing sits in the magneto cover , is that where it goes. thanks also i didnt remove the fly wheel or anything to fully remove the bendex i just wiggled it around and tried to free it that way so i didnt have to take stuff off the engine to stop the pistons from moving so i wouldnt have to replace gaskets i have lik no money at the moment and am just seeing what some options would be.....thanks i didnt mean to write this much stuff
    :beer

Re: starter\bendex engage question

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X