Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Gal With Tuning Round Body!

Ok, so I ready the tread about tuning 44mm round body on 550 kawa. I believe I have this 44mm round body on my 90 650 kawa and the settings for the 550 are not working for this 650. Actually we tweeked and tuned each one at least 40 times and got it to where it idles good mid range is good then it just falls on its face do to lack of fuel (just saying that because it picked back up when we primed it). I know this carb is a real pain in the a-- but Im starting to think theres actually something wrong with it!! I went through the whole carb last night twice. Cleaning with carb cleaner and with compressed air. Since we tried so many adjustments without problem clearing up is why its gotta be something else in the fuel system??? This carb cant be that sensative that it has to be dead on before it will run full throttle does it???? Well we got it to the point where the bottom and mid was good then kept trying to get top end good and everything got to the point where we couldnt even take off. Anyway, any suggestions as to a starting point with this carb on my 650? I have a brand new keinin a bit smaller but the flanges dont line up because the prior owner has an aftermarket intake on it. SO FRUSTRATED!!!!! Oh and another stupid question is: If its dieing out because its starved for fuel does it get richer by turning high, lows and pilot in or out? And does high and low refer to WOT to mid speed and mid to low speed. I would take a dirtbike carb over this beast any day! And if it could be something else...........please someone let me know what Im missing as Im pretty mechanically inclined. Thanks! Audrey

Re: Please Help Gal With Tuning Round Body!

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X