question about cylinder exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about cylinder exchange

Im going to be ordering a cylinder exchange shortly due to another famous power valve failure, and have a few questions. The exchange is for a 1998 yamaha GP800. In regards to the cylinders I recieve, are they both going to be re-sleeved cylinders?
    Are both cylinders machined to match thier specific pistons included or are they just machined to a standard size and sent with standard pistons?
    Do the rings come properly gapped, or will I need to gap them when they arrive?
    I will also be ordering SBT's power valves. Should I be concerned with any clearance issues when I install the new PV's? I will be installing the waveater clips.
    Thanks for answering the questions, and including any other info in regards to the cylinder exchange.
    Mike

Re: question about cylinder exchange

Yes both will be sleeved, yes they will be matched and setup, both the pistons and rings. No there are no clearance issues witht he valves - everything simply bolts on and you're good to go.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Also, which oil pump block off plate/kit do I need for a 1998 yamaha gp800. The kits dont say what they fit.

Comment

Nevermind, I noticed that they do say what they are for after you click on them. Thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
        X